SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- Creative direction
- Integrating campaigns across all media
- In-depth experience with digital landscape
- Strategic thinking
- Solid presentation skills
- Team leadership, management, and mentoring
- Strong conceptual thinking
- New business pitches
- Client relationship building
- General & Multicultural market experience
- Bilingual copywriting (English & Spanish)
- Co-led and won El Jimador pitch for both General and Hispanic markets
- Solely responsible for all of KFC's Hispanic Market creative
RAZORFISH, GSD&M, LATINWORKS, THE RICHARDS GROUP, and others.
Austin & Dallas, TX • 1/2013 - 12/2015
Clients: Sprint, Pepsi, Target, Radio Shack, Popeyes, Southwest Airlines, Hampton Inn,
Patrón Spirits, Advance Auto Parts, Ram Trucks, and others.
- Teamed up with Razorfish to launch Patrón Tequila's first digital campaign
- Developed entire creative platform for Popeyes at GSD&M
- Won a Silver at Creativity International Awards with a simple hand-written letter
- Partnered with Creative Director to lead a team of 7 creatives
Phoenix, AZ • 5/2008 - 6/2010
Senior Art Director
Clients: Hormel (Herdez, Del Fuerte, Doña María, La Victoria), Arizona Lottery, Idahoan (instant mashed potatoes), AZ Dept. of Health, Casino Arizona, Monte Carlo Resort and Casino, Mesa Historical Museum, Pacific Power, California Department of Conservation, Wetzel’s Pretzels.
- Helped Arizona Lottery climb from 38th to 2nd in the nation for year-over-year sales gains
- Developed anti-tobacco campaign which “made teens 79% less likely to try tobacco” according to a government evaluation report. (scroll to page 3 of the PDF under "Tobacco Cessation Update")
- Won a ton of Addys
OLABUENAGA CHEMISTRI (Now Leo Burnett Mexico)
Mexico City • 2/2004 - 4/2008
Senior Art Director
Clients: Mexicana Airlines, Caja Libertad (bank), Soul Citric (alcoholic beverage), Telefónica Movistar (mobile phone network), Angel Soft, Cinépolis (movie theatre chain), FritoLay (Gamesa cookie brand).
- Co-created Mexico’s first viral video for a brand reaching 14 million hits
- Had case study about viral video featured in this marketing book as well as Ad Age
- Won a Gold Effie for viral video mentioned above
- Won Finalist Award at London International Awards (LIA) for Mexicana TV spot
- Participated in 6 winning pitches in a row, turning the agency into Mexico’s hottest shop
- Won Finalist Award at Círculo de Oro, (Mexico’s foremost ad festival)
Mexico City • 1/2003 - 2/2004
Clients: Nestlé, Grupo Alen (Cloralex), Kraft, American Express, Pepsico and others.
- Developed part of the brand relaunch of Cloralex which is the leading bleach brand in Mexico
- I undertook a personal project with some friends to create and produce a Contemporary Mexican Arts festival in three German cities. The festival was comprised of 40 artists including musicians, visual artists and dance companies
Europe and Mexico • 1/2002 - 1/2003
I took this year off to travel throughout Europe (Belgium, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Netherlands) and various parts of Mexico. During this year, I didn’t formally work in advertising or design, but my visual culture and my ability to observe grew exponentially. I also learned more about human behavior and insights than at any other time. Travel will do that to you.
TBWA/CHIAT/DAY L.A., FCB, FCB HEALTHCARE, and a bunch of other smaller shops.
Los Angeles & Orange County CA • April 2000 - January 2002
Freelance Art Director
- Learned the value of being versatile and flexible since no two shops are alike
- Worked at a variety of shops that ranged widely in size, discipline and emphasis
- Learned to pick my battles really early on
AWARDS AND PUBLICATIONS
- LIA (London International Awards)
- Creativity International Awards
- Círculo de Oro (Mexico)
Work featured in:
- Advertising Age
- Know Your Meme
- Latino Link: Building Brands Online with Hispanic Communities and Content
(Paramount Market Publishing)
- Logos from North to South America (Index Books)
- Just about every major Mexican newspaper
- HOW Magazine
- CMYK Magazine
B.A. San Diego State University
Graphic Design Major and Journalism Minor.